African Leadership Partners, Inc. is chartered in the State of California, USA, as a non-profit, religious organization. A duly constituted Board of Directors governs ALP, providing leadership in the areas of strategy development, pastoral oversight, and ensures integrity in the management of personnel and material resources.
The board is composed of the following members:
- Rev. and Mrs. David Jongeward, Chairman
- Mr. and Mrs. Lee Kellogg, Treasurer
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles Kennedy, Secretary
- Mr. & Mrs. Mark Judy
- Drs. Robert & Machelle Beilke
- Mr. & Mrs. Tom Hayes
Statement of Faith:
- We believe that the Bible, consisting of Old and New Testaments only, is verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, is inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is the infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that the one triune God exists eternally in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, but through Adam’s sin became alienated from God and acquired a sinful nature. Being under the wrath of God for total depravity, mankind now needs to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit for salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, shed His blood and died as man’s substitutionary sacrifice, rose bodily from the grave, and ascended to heaven, where He is presently exalted at the Father’s right hand.
- We believe that salvation consists of the remission of sins, the imputation of Christ’s righteousness, and the gift of eternal life, received by faith in Christ alone, apart from works.
- We believe that the return of Jesus Christ is imminent, and that it will be visible, personal, and universally unmistakable in its glory.
- We believe that the saved will be raised to everlasting life and blessedness in heaven, and that the unsaved will be raised to everlasting and conscious punishment in hell.
- We believe that the church, the body of Christ, consists only of born-again persons, irrespective of Christian organizational affiliations, who are baptized by the Holy Spirit into Christ at the time of regeneration, for whom He now makes intercession in heaven and for whom He will come again.
- We believe that Christ commanded the church to make disciples in all nations by taking the Gospel to every creature, baptizing those who believe, and teaching them both biblical content and godly lifestyle
African Leadership Partners is committed to serve the leaders of Christian churches in Southern Africa by:
- Developing Christian leaders.
- Strengthening the personal life of church leaders
- Motivating effective ministry to youth and children.
The threefold approach of ALP is consulting, mentoring, and training.
- Responding to the requests of local churches and denominations.
- Presenting seminars which equip leaders with critical-need skills.
- Research, interviews, strategy development, and counsel for pastors, local churches, denominational leaders, and national church associations.
- Small groups for advanced development of active and teachable pastors.
Foundations of Ministry:
The objectives of African Leadership Partners are based upon two primary truths relating to the mission of the Church of Jesus Christ in this world. First, the Church is the instrument of God for accomplishing His purpose in world evangelism (Acts 1:8). Second, God has given the Church gifted people (leaders) to help equip believers for the fulfillment of that purpose (Ephesians 4:11-12).
Thus, African Leadership Partners is first a servant to the Church on Christ’s behalf. We are committed to assist the Church in fulfilling its God-given mission. We may seek to accomplish this by various means such as research, motivation, training, and mobilization assistance so that the Church will continuously develop a more effective witness.
Second, African Leadership Partners works with and through the gifted men and women God has called to lead His people. We may provide personnel, methods, and materials to help national church leaders increasingly improve the impact of the Church in the world. Our goal is to see God exalt and extend the stature and impact of national leaders and ministries.
Guidelines for Ministry:
African Leadership Partners will remain non-denominational in identity, minister in an interdenominational mode, and serve an international constituency.
As much as possible, every project of ALP is to be undertaken in partnership with the national church with a view to its growth and continuing identity with the national church.
At the same time, ALP seeks to be on the offensive, putting into action a dynamic type of servanthood. We expect to be a catalyst God uses to bring new developments to the life and ministry of His Church. We believe in the potential of people totally committed to Jesus Christ. Through His Spirit, committed people become creative people. Thus ALP will be actively seeking to discover God’s chosen agents of change in the Church, cultivating relationships that encourage Spirit-led creativity and its appropriate implementation.
When we speak of growth we mean growth in number of believers, in spiritual maturity, in effective leadership, and in evangelistic vision and practice (including across cultural boundaries).